Hello Seat people! I write to you from Lebanon!
I've been browsing forums about 6K2's for years now and I absolutely fell in love with the car and how it had character without being a very old classic car (Like an E30 or E28 BMW), and loved how it was different yet reliable. Thought it was the perfect first car for me to keep as a daily for years to come.
I searched high and low for a 6K2. It was hard finding one which didn't have a blown engine or a bent chassis, but I eventually found my little black car.
The car looked pretty average based on the condition it was in. It had a few bumps and scratches here and there, but the engine and chassis looked good so I was sold. It was in the color I wanted it to be in, and it was stick shift with a fair price.
I filled it up with gas and changed the oil .
This is what happened before the gas was fully used:
- Clutch failed
- Engine mount broke, hitting the oil filter making oil splatter everywhere
- Driver's chair broke
- Wiper arm got loose
- ABS Pump failed
- The driver side headliner mirror cover broke
- The driver door trim broke.
- Trunk Taillight leak
- Spark Plugs
The previous owner of the car bought it on auction and sold it to me a month later, claiming that his wife did not want a stick shift car.
- The engine mount was $120 at the Steelers, so my mechanic (Who's a friend) had one custom made for me.
- Oil was replaced with Coma Fully Synthetic 10W40
- Driver's chair was DIY-ed with a few wires and screws until I find another one from a scrap yard (Hopefully this month, I'll be free enough to search around)
- Wiper arm was a stupid screw I fastened lol
- The ABS pump was left as is, looking to grab a new one at the scrap yard to fit it in before Winter hits
- Trims again scrap yard
- Got Bosch German Platinum head plugs
-A new exhaust with ****ty boxes, (Planned for an upgrade in the future)
- Got new original Windows switches from AliExpress which fit great.
- The taillight boot leak was fixed with some silicone
Other problems with the car:
- Needs a new drive-train on the passenger's side
- New speakers were installed (But are under-powered)
- A gas strut needs replacing for the boot
- few bits and pieces here and there.
Mods planned for the future: (Pics below are not mine!)
- Home Coming lights (Lights coming on when you unlock the car like the interior light)
- Rim refurbishing
- Complete respray and detailing
- Golf MK5 rear wiper mod (CHECK!)
- Foldable Leon MK1 Mirrors
- AUX Hack with a wired FM Module (CHECK)
- Bluetooth hacked into the FM Module
- LCR Splitter
- Cupra Headlight mod (respraying the headlight frames black from the inside)
The front will look something like this:
- Seat ibiza 6L Seat Sport Shifter Knob
- Momo Pedals
- Sound System Upgrade (Huge fan of Metal and Electronic Music) :
Front + Tweeters JBL GTO609C Premium 6.5-Inch Component Speaker System
Back JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9 Inches Co-Axial Speaker
Amplifier BOSS AUDIO PV3700 Phantom 3700-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2 to 8 Ohm Stable 5 Channel Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control
Wires 14Guage Speaker Wire
Subwoofer Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer
LOC 2x PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC
Thank you for staying with me for the long read
Here's the car in all her glory as she sits now:
That's my Bro's 1.6 DSG 2009 6L (Personally Prefer my 6K2)
Hope you all have a great day and stay with me throughout this project. The car's goal is to be reliable an improved to be driven and look completely stock while having a good amount of upgrades!
Until the next update. Here's AvoK95 signing out