OvErKiLL

Over_Kill's Black Magic Mk4 Fr

85 posts in this topic

Good choice of tyres there, what did they set you back per corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/30/2016 at 10:19 PM, brettblade said:

Good choice of tyres there, what did they set you back per corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they wanted like 70 per tire and then 15 each for fitting but i told them i could get the tires myself from a place called camskill which have the best prices on tires and i could collect them so the guy then said we can do them for 60 and 15 for fitting...so 75 each including fitting brett :) very good tires i must admit, wheels seemed to spin a little bit when they were fitted but have settled down and grip now :P

had an advisory on my mot for the exhaust flexi corroding, was going to get a piper down pipe and sports cat (they are the same pipe not separate and i couldnt just get the down pipe part with the flexi) but at £443 without labour was a bit much and realised that a custom exhaust garage could cut the flexi part off and weld a new one on...so i had it done at HI Q and cost me £93 all in :D

got in the car yesterday and the exhaust was ratting, i thought it had come off the hanger at the front, took it back to HI Q and figured out why it was rattling, the tail pipe was hitting the bumper and a bit further down the pipe was hitting the chasis, i dont know how they did it but the pipe was higher up from the cat back then when they did the flexi part at the front. what the guy did was bent the rear bar that is attached to tail pipe that goes in the hanger to drop it a tiny bit, problem solved and no rattling now :P

AndySeeYouLater likes this

had a problem with my passenger side window not working properly as i presumed the window switch was getting wet from the rubber grommet leaking right above it behind the door card. took it to a seat garage and they said they couldnt find where it was leaking after having water all over it on the outside and everything was dry...got back in the car when they said it was time to pick it up and the window still didnt work right! went back in and told them and they said it was the motor and a new one was going to be around £200 with vat. i ordered a new motor on ebay for £85 with the exact same part/model number took it to my normal garage and they found out that window was supposed to go all the way down as i thought it was a child safety thing that needed turned off in vag com, turns out some of the foam stuff inside the door had broken up and was causing the window to stick as it went down and the motor had basically burnt out! annoyed at the seat garage as they should of known all this when they looked at it but they didnt.

washed the car when i got back with snow foam and the window didnt seem to get wet as it was working fine, lets hope its sorted now!

nope, the problem still wasnt sorted. the passenger side was still not going up properly.

thought it was the switch on he drivers side so bought a new one off ebay and still wasnt working right, got my garage to check the drivers side window motor where the plugs go in to and it was soaking wet from where i had a problem a while ago when the rac guy sealed up the rubber bung above it. stupid design if you ask me. they cleaned and dried it all out and neither windows would work anymore and resealed the rubber bung. found out a new motor would be £240 and there was no way i was paying that so i ordered a 2nd hand one off ebay with the same part number, got it fitted today and everything was working but no one touch on the drivers side window and the rubber bung wasnt leaking anymore as it had rained all night and i washed the car yesterday. got home and fixed the one touch issue after reading on the net. you have to put the window all the way to the top, stop pressing the button for a few seconds and do the the double click (like you would for the one touch) and hold the button in for a few seconds and you will hear a click and it works.

The lights didnt fit perfectly apparently and took the garage an extra 2h to do when he had the front bumper off, something to do the bottom holes not lining up and not having the right threads so he had to re thread them and cut some threads off the screws, no idea what he was on about but yeh these are made in taiwan and are the Junyan lights distributed by Autoartltd in the UK and they wernt machined correctly, so if you plan on fitting them yourself and you dont really know what your doing you might have a struggle or maybe it was just mine that wernt done correctly. Maybe someone else has had the same problem and can explain it better..

You can also use the motors from your original headlights which are the black boxes inside and wire up and screw in to the new ones which means the electric adjuster thing next to the light switch will work inside the car. The garage didnt do the motors as i think he forgot after the bumper was already re done up with the lights installed. Not really an issue as i never tow anything and doubt i ever will so i wont need to use the adjuster. Car will still pass the MOT perfectly which i have next month.

They came with normal see through h1 low and h1 high beam and also the orange 581 py21w indicators

Osram cool blue intense 4200k h1 in low and h1 in high beam and Osram diadem chrome indicators 581 py21w to get rid of that nasty yellow effect in all that silver. Doesnt look like that in the picture in real life as i think the flash was on the camera and made the light shine up

IMG_20170324_194837.jpg

IMG_20170324_194844_HDR.jpg

Forgot to mention if you know what you are doing you can wire the daytime running LED lights to be permenantly on when the light switch is off but i didnt really want that.