• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
antnee

Cheap thrills!

171 posts in this topic

Peronally, I don't like any form of 'sticky out' splitter on a prefacelift, cos of the shape of the lower valance. Its curved at the bottom which means the splitter doesn't look right, no matter if its a LCR or this new style.

Agree with Ant but if you like it go for it, a new bumper is not cheap if your on a budget it's a fun cheap(er ish!) mod you can take off and sell on if you do not like.

Only just got around to doing this Nickk!

Name/Title: Red stitched gear surround.

What is it: Red stitched gear gaitor, to match the cupra handbrake cover.

How:

1)Remove the gear knob, the surrounding plastics and gaitor.

2)Separate the gaitor from the plastics and knob.

3)Put the new gaitor on, then reattach the knob and plastics.

4)Fix it back into the car.

The hardest bit is taking the plastics off and putting them back on, very fidley :P

Cost: The gaitor was £11 off eBay, you'll also need a small jubilee clip to put the knob back on if it's the first time you've taken it off.

Rating(1-5): I'd say combined with the other cupra bits it's a nice cheap 3*

Pictures:

Before

After

As you can see it matches the handbrake nicely

Only just got around to doing this Nickk!

Name/Title: Red stitched gear surround.

What is it: Red stitched gear gaitor, to match the cupra handbrake cover.

How:

1)Remove the gear knob, the surrounding plastics and gaitor.

2)Separate the gaitor from the plastics and knob.

3)Put the new gaitor on, then reattach the knob and plastics.

4)Fix it back into the car.

The hardest bit is taking the plastics off and putting them back on, very fidley :P

Cost: The gaitor was £11 off eBay, you'll also need a small jubilee clip to put the knob back on if it's the first time you've taken it off.

Rating(1-5): I'd say combined with the other cupra bits it's a nice cheap 3*

Pictures:

Before

After

As you can see it matches the handbrake nicely

Looks tidy, will probably look into doing this as soon as i get mine back!

Josh6L97 likes this

iPhone/ iPod aux control.

Let's you pause, skip forwards and skip backwards without playing with your iPhone/iPod and crashing!

Might also allow you to answer phone hands free and hear caller over the cars speakers.

1) Get a pair of standard iPhone headphones. ( The ones with little controller.)

2) Get a 3.5mm jack. £1.99 from Maplin.

3) Cut of headphone buds and solder headphone wires onto jack and boom your done.

Your car will have to have aux input or this to work. Makes sense for me cus I don't want to loose me seating wheel controls.

Not tried this yet but I'm going to give it a go in the next few days. Will get a few pics up when I'm done.

Yeah get it done Nickk, if you (or anyone else fir that matter) get stuck doing it give me a shout, it can be abit fidley in places :P

iPhone/ iPod aux control.

Let's you pause, skip forwards and skip backwards without playing with your iPhone/iPod and crashing!

Might also allow you to answer phone hands free and hear caller over the cars speakers.

1) Get a pair of standard iPhone headphones. ( The ones with little controller.)

2) Get a 3.5mm jack. £1.99 from Maplin.

3) Cut of headphone buds and solder headphone wires onto jack and boom your done.

But you still have to fiddle, just make a playlist of all your favourites on your ipod..leave your ipod face up on the centre concole, and just push skip?

Your car will have to have aux input or this to work. Makes sense for me cus I don't want to loose me seating wheel controls.

Not tried this yet but I'm going to give it a go in the next few days. Will get a few pics up when I'm done.

name/title: carbon fiber vinyl wrap some s**t

what is it?: wrapping certain removable parts in carbon fiber effect vinyl

how: buy some vinyl, remove your parts for wrapping (center console, interior doorhandles, wing mirror overs, exterior B pillars, interior A pillars etc)... cut out a bit of vinyl hat will more than cover it, peel backing off

vinyl, stick on and use a heat gun or hairdryer to get smooth

cost: 10 approx.

rating(1*ok to 5*great): aye it'll keep you amused for a while

name/title; LED white sidelights

what is it?; White Sidelights

how; Take out original sidelight from under bonnet and replace, don't go too blue though!

cost; £7 ?

rating(1*ok to 5*great); 5! Looks smart :thumbsup:

vinyl is good for hiding scuffs you get from wear and tear I only done 3 bits so far any tips on doing corners?

name/title: Spraying The lower honeycomb grills including fog grills.

what is it?: Spraying the grills gloss black instead of the original plastic.

how: I have a freind who owns a spray shop, i would advise you do it properly as the primer for plastic is expensive!

cost: £30 - (mates rates)

rating(1*ok to 5*great): 5

AndySeeYouLater likes this

name/title: HID bulbs

what is it?: A direct fit replacement for standard bulbs, but they are 5x brighter!

how: You can get them on the almighty eBay, try and get ones that are 6000k plus.

cost: £30

rating(1*ok to 5*great): 5 (at night)

PS - please ignore that rather dashing 'L' plate. I have my licence (again) :rasberry:

Name/title;

Badgeless Grille

What is it?;

Replacing standard grille with one that has no 'S' badge

How;

Good old eBay!! (the one i have: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Ibiza-Cordoba-Typ-6L-02-08-Front-Badgeless-Debadged-Sports-Grill-FKSG280-/250931759445?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6cb2c955)

Cost;

£25

Rating(1*ok to 5*great);

4* I really like it on mine but someone who has a honeycomb grill may prefer doing the method stated earlier in this thread and making a honey comb badgeless grill!

Before:

190212_6487365102_565500102_64018_8377_n.jpg

After:

480049_10151772284820103_565500102_24612479_1527133597_n.jpg

Not sure if this has been added yet or not

Name/title;

Green Panel Filter

What is it?;

Replacing standard panel filter with thinner 'Green' filter

How;

Bought mine off a company called Badger5

Cost;

£40 IIRC

Rating(1*ok to 5*great);

3* Not sure how much of a difference this will make to the lower powered Ibiza's, probably added 1-2 bhp (if that) to mine! If you want to make it louder, you can also drill holes into your airbox

panelfilter1xo9.jpg

panelfilter2va6.jpg

name/title; Smoked SIde Repeaters

what is it?; Spraying side repeater with tint spray to make them look better

how; Buy a can of light tint spray i got mine off ebay for £8 delivered (you can get it from motaman for £15 too) spray a few light coats of tint to your own liking

cost; £8-£15

rating(1*ok to 5*great); 3* (looks better but not amazing)

how; Buy a can of light tint spray i got mine off ebay for £8 delivered (you can get it from motaman for £15 too) spray a few light coats of tint to your own liking

cost; £8-£15

Pics?

cost; £8-£15

Pics?

+1

cost; £8-£15

Pics?

+1

Yeh ill get a photo how do you add them though mate? I only just joined this forum so dont know if i have enough posts yet, this is my second i think.

Also i ment to add when you have sprayed your side repeaters if you f**k up and spray them too dark (like i did first time looked likei coloured them in with permanent marker) you can just use nail varfnish remover to take it all off, then wipe them clean with a wet cloth, then dry them, then respray. Best to spray in light coats rather than one heavy coat.

(ill upload a phototoo as soon as someone tells me how).

(ill upload a phototoo as soon as someone tells me how).

Use photobucket, its pretty self explanitary from there on buddy :thumbsup:

Name/title;

Mess around with Vinyl Wrap

What is it?;

Taking bits of your car off and Wrapping them; e.g Center console, air vent rings, 'S' Badge (Front Grill) ANYTHING

How;

Remove (if possible) the part this will make the job easier, cut the vinyl roughly, apply heat, mold, trim the excess.

Youtube it :thumbsup:

Cost;

Ebay is your friend, can get rolls of viynal between £3 (For A4 pieces) plus.

Rating(1*ok to 5*great);

4-5* Practice makes perfect! :thumbsup:

Name/title;

Stickerbombing! (Can't believe this hasn't been covered yet!)

What is it?;

Covering anything you can get your hands on with colourful stickers.

How;

Buy stickers, use stickerbombing sheets, get them free with magazines and slap 'em on!

Cost;

Anywhere between the cost of Fast Car magazine (they ALWAYS put stickers out, and it's £3.50 I think - I subscribe anyway) to £5 per sticker, depending on what you want. Maybe less if you want stickers that will wear away/fade more quickly.

Rating(1*ok to 5*great);

4-5* - Can't have enough stickers EVER.

My stereo surround, courtesy of a Fast Car mag stickerbombing sheet (with scene-friendly air freshener bunch to boot):

IMG_1122-1.jpg

IMG_1126-1.jpg

IMG_1127-1.jpg

Alex.

vinyl is good for hiding scuffs you get from wear and tear I only done 3 bits so far any tips on doing corners?

A hair dryer always works for me, drives the mrs bananas though!

name/title; boost gauge

what is it?; monitors boost pressure in turbo models

how; tap into intercooler pipes/dump valve/egr delete/anywhere with positive boost pressure

cost; anything from £40 upwards

rating(1*ok to 5*great);5* helped me diagnose boost leaks in the past that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed without logging on vagcom. Also handy for gear changing when you're 'giving it some'