• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
antnee

Cheap thrills!

171 posts in this topic

name/title: Colour Coding

what is it?; Painting The Rubstrips

how; Paint them

cost; £20-£40

rating(1*ok to 5*great) 4

name/title: Plastidip Pre-Facelift Grill

what is it?; Plastidip (matt black) the silver "S" and the silver ring around the green

how; Don't need to primer or laquer. simply clean it up then spray 3-5 coats, any overspray just peels off (mask it up to a degree off the car) only 2 trim clips to remove it

cost; £16

rating(1*ok to 5*great) 5*

name/title: Head Lining Retrim!

what is it?; Covering up your old, horrible coloured headlining with something pretty!

how; Start buy purchasing your materials, you will need fabric 1.5m width at least. You will then need your spray adhesive, I used trim fix. You will then need to remove everything that holds your roof lining in place, a pillars, grab handles, sun visors, light, b pillars, c pillars, boot trims etc. make sure you lose nothing! And try and break as little as possible, most of the clips are a b*stard. Then fold the door seals under the head lining. Wiggle it around and pull from the rear and it should come out quite easily, we creased mine badly but when it came out it was fine.. Odd.. You then give your roof lining a clean, I just wiped it down with a damp microfibre a couple of times. Once it's dry and clean grab your glue and spray it all over the headlining in horizontal lines I.e. from passenger side to drivers side.

Then spray your new fabric in vertical lines. I.e. boot to windscreen.

Leave the glue to become touch dry and then stick it on. Work your way from the middle out trying to crease it as little as possible. (If you use thick material it will probably crease a lot due to the lack of flexibility trying to get it into the dips etc. then fold the excess round and stick it onto the back / trim it off. Then cut the holes out that you're gonna be using. Then fit it all back together.

cost; £40-£50 depending on which fabric you go for.

rating(1*ok to 5*great) 5

Here's a sneak preview of mine.

name - Seat Doorcard Ghost Lights

what is it? a Cree LED that projects through a film shining a SEAT logo on the ground.

how: Will give a little guide below

cost; about £20

rating(1*ok to 5*great) : Make up your own mind, it's a bit marmite.

What you get in the box

2 x

10902057574_e9a1b7f52b.jpg

a cheapo holesaw

10902041486_e3c9f73d3e.jpg

What you will need.

2 core 12v cable to run from the light to in my case the interior light. Halfords is your friend - Link .. http://bit.ly/1f2R8D0

There's loads of youtube guides so scheck it out.

I ran the cables through the door jams up the A pillar into the roof lining and wired it up to the light assembley.

Et Voila

10902201953_eb725fbc22.jpg

PM me if you need more info! :thumbsup:

not too sure if this has been mentioned, colour coding the car, (silver car, purple spray, ect..), spraying things like air vent surround/clips, splitter, grille's, pretty much anything sprayable, but don't make it look over done! cheap thrill! £8 for a can of spray, will probably need like 2/3!

name/title; carbon wrap seat badge

what is it?; carbon wrapping front S

how; remove the small grill, clean the s sign wrap with carbon wrap and heat shrink with heat gun or hair dryer

cost; less than 3 pound for carbon wrap on ebay

rating(1*ok to 5*great); 4

Excellent thread so far, in some respects (all of next months wages have now been spent)!

Don't think this has been mentioned.

Name/title;
USB socket for charging.

What is it?;
Adds a USB port to almost anywhere in the car, directly wired into the battery. Allows for charging of most devices, proving very useful for owning a SatNav or owning an iPhone (needing to charge the thing whenever I'm in the car)!

How;
Bought a female USB direct to battery harness online. Run the positive and earth through the already existing hole in the firewall (amp power lead) and connected directly to battery. I then routed the USB into the tray under my handbrake. I also have another one sitting next to my fusebox and then run a USB cable up my door trim to where my SatNav sits. No horrible cables being run that way. Will also get round to mounting the visible one flush when the time allows!

Cost;
£19 from the only seller I have seen online.

Rating(1*ok to 5*great);
5 for simplicity and practicality!

Was useful when my 12V socket was blown for some unknown reason!

That's a great idea, would definitely think about putting one in my car! How does it regulate the power delivered to your device though?

That's a great idea, would definitely think about putting one in my car! How does it regulate the power delivered to your device though?

There's a little black box about half way down the wiring, turns the two battery cables into the one USB cable. 

Not an electronics expert haha, but I think that could do it! Had mine on for a good 7-8 months now and had no issues :)

Also an inline fuse on the power cable!

guys dunno if this is off topic or not but i was wondering where i could find one of these ? cheers !2014-03-11%2017.20.41.jpg?_subject_uid=1

Name/title;
Cheap Air Filter Upgrade

What is it?;
Honda S2000 Air Filter which replaces the standard factory airbox and filter. It's paper and requires no oiling. Sounds good on standard cars and if you're going bigger turbo (1.8T or TDI) then you may need one of these.

How;
Rip out old air filter and remove the MAF from the old airbox lid.

Place the old airbox lid away.

Slide S2000 filter over the MAF and jubilee clip on.

Secure the filter either inside the airbox or remove the whole assembly.

Cost;
Eurocarparts (P/N 50260019J) = £13-£20 depending on sales

Jubilee Clip = 75p

0FC3BDAD-099E-4C6C-B3E9-AA7AE5CB47FF_zps

Cheap alternative to the expensive induction kits out there and achieves the same effect. There is a noticeable induction noise as a result, IAT were unaffected by this and the engine breathes a lot better with my bigger turbo.

Name/title;

Cheap Air Filter Upgrade

What is it?;

Honda S2000 Air Filter which replaces the standard factory airbox and filter. It's paper and requires no oiling. Sounds good on standard cars and if you're going bigger turbo (1.8T or TDI) then you may need one of these.

How;

Rip out old air filter and remove the MAF from the old airbox lid.

Place the old airbox lid away.

Slide S2000 filter over the MAF and jubilee clip on.

Secure the filter either inside the airbox or remove the whole assembly.

Cost;

Eurocarparts (P/N 50260019J) = £13-£20 depending on sales

Jubilee Clip = 75p

0FC3BDAD-099E-4C6C-B3E9-AA7AE5CB47FF_zps

Cheap alternative to the expensive induction kits out there and achieves the same effect. There is a noticeable induction noise as a result, IAT were unaffected by this and the engine breathes a lot better with my bigger turbo.

No problems with heat soak?

No problems with heat soak?

I don't have an issue as I have a FMIC and no skid pan or engine cover. Other people who have done this with a SMIC and said IAT raise about 1-2'c.

You can keep the bottom part of the airbox to reduce any risk.

To be honest, the standard airbox is good for 190-200bhp so only needed if you go big power or like the noise.

Name/title;

vinyl wrap Seat Badge and surrounding grill

What is it?;
covering the badge and grill with a vinyl wrap of your choice.. instead of spraying

How; 

removed the two pins at the top of the grill, pull the grill out, then remove the S badge and the chrome grill surround.  make sure it is clean and start wrapping

Cost;
£4 from ebay for a carbon fibre effect vinyl  

i do have a photo of mine but wont let me upload right now. if anyone wants me to upload the photo let me know

post-8173-0-38421300-1431692581.jpg

MK4ibizacharlie likes this

tint lights all round ( fly eye )

carbon badges

I have also carbon wrapped the bottom of the bumper to open it out!

around 15£ for the wrap off ebay

blue LED side lights - 10£

post-8130-0-18603800-1433932020_thumb.jp

Not seen this idea on the thread.

name/title;

DIY sill protectors

what is it?;

0.1m x 1.52m strip of a wrap of your choice (probably from eBay)

Some "SEAT" wheel stickers off eBay.

how;

Cut wrap to length, measure up and apply.. Then stick Seat stickers in the middle of the wrap.

cost;

About £7 for 2 door if you get the wrap on correct first time.

rating(1*ok to 5*great);

I would say 4/5, looks pretty neat.

IMG_20151127_115347_zpsjxzvqn2r.jpg

IMG_20151127_115358_zpscmlbrtb7.jpg

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

NICK-FR likes this