• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
ashley115s

1990 1.2 SPECIAL system porsche Ibiza

34 posts in this topic

Guy I work with bought it for his daughter who rejected it on no power steering so it just sat there. It didn't run. Needed a carb service kit. I exchanged two days labour building a fence and six days painting a barn. A year later it's got an mot and running well!!!

6B6AE8B9-BCDE-47E5-9854-4FBD3546ED87_zps

Failed mot in front tyre, exhaust rubbers, cv boot. My mechanic had done work on freeing the brakes. We changed the oil and plugs too obviously. So now it's mot'd. Purchased new discs and pads rear wheel cylinders. Now I'm working on finding a cam belt and a water pump. That should see it fairly reliable.

I had to jet wash it when I first got it and my dad polished quickly. Before i put it away I sprayed the  car in TFR and jet washed it. It's currently going through a colour restore and clay bar kit before it gets a good polish.

I've put so much polish on this thing I've struggled to get into some areas. I've removed the number plate to get a better finish. The tailgate spoiler has been dropping rust onto the roof when I open it, so I've removed that and I'll repair the spoiler so no more rust falls out!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

When can I drop mine off for the same treatment

You could drop it with me but you're a tight bugger haha!

This car is now fully back on the road. Motd, taxed, insured. Another one saved! Although I still haven't dragged it out the garage the weathers been too good to spend time in the garage to finish cleaning it!

The bodyworks done and the interior just under the bonnet and arches to do. The grill was slightly askew so I've taken it off and will polish behind it.  

image.jpg

The fresh air intake grill (I guess that's what it's called?) had disintegrated. Found an old 206 bonnet from a crashed car at work and ripped one out of that so hopefully I'll use that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Finished the front end. Mesh replaced just trimmed and crimped over the top. Rear bumper and under the arches to do tomorrow then hopefully it's done!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cleaned under the first rear wheel arch. Took about 4mins using some truck wash, a washing up brush and a garden sprayer  to rinse it off.  I'll apply some polish to make future cleaning easier.

image.jpg

4mins? I meant 45! The fronts all done now. Not the nicest job in the world. Despite coming from a heavily influenced health and safety job I waited till I splashed myself in the eye before I went and got my safety glasses like you do! It's all had a coat of polish under there and the wheels polished inside and out. I've resprayed the wiper Arms satin black to freshen them up. Need to reinstall the front one, polish the wheel trims re fit and have a look at the side mirror which is a bit floppy then it's done!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Completed 18miles in it now! Soon to go back in for it's next phase of maintenance. The clutch pedal is right near the top but it doesn't appear to slip. I've just got  a new old stock genuine clutch for £20! I pressed on into a roundabout and the front felt a tad soft so a new old stock genuine front leg has arrived £14.99. Also ordered a track control arm £11.50. 

The last drive I got upto 65mph! Then as I went to out it away it made an awful noise. I quickly got back in the garage and found that's the warm air feed from the manifold to the air box had fallen onto the alternator belt and got a bit chewed up. Needed a new pipe Anyway!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Need a cam belt and front wheel bearings for it now! Local motor factors can't supply either! Got a cam belt kit off eBay but apparently is incorrect! Anybody know the width and teeth dimensions? eBay listings state 19mm and 120 teeth. Unless they sent me the wrong one!

Excellent to see another one saved!

looks in great condition, I sold Mine 2 years ago after loosing my job, was gutted and regret the decision to this day.

Done a search on it and it's been sat on sorn since