• Announcements

• c3ptik

Merchandise Delay   04/03/2017

Due to ongoing personal issues there may be an extended delay in posting merchandise. Please accept our apologies in advance.
AvoK95

Gear Gaiter

3 posts in this topic

So my question is that Will a VW Golf MK4 Gear Gaiter fit a 6K2 Ibiza MK3?

My 1.6SR 6K2 has a broken gear gaiter from the previous owner and I'm having a hard time to find a replacement one in my country (Lebanon) 

I saw a DIY guide on how to convert a VW Golf MK3 gaiter into an MK4 and it looked like gaiter in the 6K2 (Picture Below) (Pictures are not mine. They are borrowed from [url=http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2871332-DIY-MKIV-Shift-Boot-Retrofit-(Retain-Trim-Ring)-*Cabrio-MKIII-Golf-Jetta*&highlight=MkIV]here[/url]

shiftComplete.jpg

shiftCompleteBack.jpg

Thank you in advanced! :D

the mk3 one is similar but the fabric over the trim and staples under it! i would give it a try!!

AvoK95 likes this

On 18/01/2017 at 11:33 PM, A.m.C said:

the mk3 one is similar but the fabric over the trim and staples under it! i would give it a try!!

Did not fit, tried both MK3 and MK4 Golf Gaiters. I found a guy who's getting me a Cupra one from Sweden though :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SpeccyIbiza
      Hi,
      So I'm new to owning a Seat Ibiza and just looking for some help really,
      I've been told I have a touring car edition Ibiza, however can't find anything online regarding this edition
      so I'm just wondering if anyone on here has any information on my type of car...
      what I can tell you is it is a 1.4 Ibiza
      Thanks

• By sjackson6j
      Hi all.
      Saw this on a build thread from a year ago and i love it but not sure which rear valance it is, can anyone point me in the right direction? 
      TIA

• By olliedg6
      Having returned from my holiday over christmas I have found that my cars radio isnt working. Before I left it was completely fine yet today I start it up and it just displays "no panel" anyone know what could be wrong with it?
      Its a mk4 seat ibiza 2003 1.2 in case anyone was asking.
    • By olliedg6
      Having returned from my holiday over christmas I have found that my cars radio isnt working. Before I left it was completely fine yet today I start it up and it just displays "no panel" anyone know what could be wrong with it?
      Its a mk4 seat ibiza 2003 1.2 in case anyone was asking.
    • By deadbatteriez
      Hello,
      Sorry for being absent for so long. 
      Looking some advice. Got a 1.4 seat ibiza sport 2006 - first time i power washed it the car immediately wouldn't start, after three or four tries over the space of half an hour or so it eventually started and i figured i'd just gotten water somewhere i shouldn't have that, when dried out the car started fine.
      Sunday just passed i power washed the car again in a bit of a hurry and was a bit careless with where i was spraying...the car started fine straight away and i moved it up the path to park, went out that night to go to work and it wouldn't start at all. 
      It is turning over fine but wont start. I am guessing i have once again gotten water somewhere i shouldn't have and it is just taking extra long to dry out because its cold wet weather here at the min (Northern Ireland).
      Anyone else have similar issues and any way i can resolve this during the washing process? May sound stupid but i was considering throwing an old duvet cover inside the bonnet when washing it from now on, any ideas??
      Thanks car budz - deadbatteriez