• Announcements

• c3ptik

Merchandise Delay   04/03/2017

Due to ongoing personal issues there may be an extended delay in posting merchandise. Please accept our apologies in advance.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shanew1705

How do you wash yours?

4 posts in this topic

Just curious to see how everyone washes their motors

Do you have your own stuff at home and do a start to finish kind of job?

Do you take it to the local jet wash and do it yourself that way?

Do you use a car wash?

Do you pay for someone else to do it?

Or is there another way I may have forgotten about?

For me all my previous cars I used to take somewhere else and get an inside and out job plus few extra for about £10

Cleaned the new Ibiza the other day though for the first time and went to the jet wash and did it myself, due to the layout of my house I don't have the luxury sadly of parking up on a drive and being able to hose it down and clean it on a nice sunny afternoon

LewisR98 likes this

i do it myself with a pressure washer i would never get a car wash place to do it as they scratch them like hell or use a car jet wash as they degrade the wax thats on the car (if you have waxed it)

Two full bags of detailing equipment in my boot including two buckets with grit guards, a pressure washer in the garage. Rinse the worst of the dirt off, and then snow foam it. (Both with pressure washer). Leave for 5 mins for foam to dwell and work; clean wheels whilst waiting. One bucket with shampoo for bodywork, one for wheels. Spray snow foam off, go over car lightly with a microfibre mitt using the shampoo, rinse off, clear equipment away, grab aqua deluxe drying towel and dry car. Dress tyres. That's my weekly routine. Every 3 months or so I go over with a clay bar and tar remover then wax/ seal the bodywork, deep clean the wheels using iron out and then wax them too. Never get anyone else to do your car, unless they are a premium detailing company (i.e does all the above steps and a very high quality finish, probably set you back £70-300 depending on level of detail). :)

For you, as you haven't the luxury, I would recommend setting up a contract with a professional mobile detailing business as mentioned. If I was you I would clean the car with a bucket and shampoo once a week, and get a detailing company to give it a thorough detail once monthly, first detail being a machine polish and wax, from then on a standard detail once monthly and when needed the wax/ polish detail again. That's what I personally would do, I'm very OCD about my car bodywork. Hope this has helped. But please don't use the bloody Tesco car park wash clowns!!!

I'll let someone else snow foam the outside but I've always steered clear of mechanical car washes and petrol station jet washes, though, as they're rough on the paintwork and trim.  I've always done the inside myself.  Probably because my first car was a Citroen and if you were too rough with the dash then bits might fall off!

When I got the Ibiza back in January, I took it to a local snow foam crowd every two to three weeks that I used for my previous car.  They had a decent set-up: generator, pressure washers, snow foam, washing machines and dryers for cleaning their microfiber cloths.  They were reasonable, too.  The only problem was that the quality of the job depended on the guy you got on the day.  They've moved now, anyway.

I can't run a hose from my new house so last week I went to Halfords and picked up bits for a two bucket job: buckets, microfiber mitt, microfiber cloths, sponges, water blade, shampoo, alloy wheel cleaner, tyre gel.  I need to look into waxing / polishing options next.