Ford160989

Mpg figures

27 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering what mpg figures everyone is getting on average in there car. 

Only because this week i had to go to Bolton from Stoke and reached my highest mpg reading since owning the car. 

I achieved 51.1 mpg on my way home from Bolton and then by the time i got back was on around 48 mpg.. around town I'm usually hitting anywhere from 32 - 38 mpg depending on how heavy my foot is on the day. 

IMG_20170412_190723.jpg

Average... I'm not a very eco driver if I'm honest so I feel like this number is pretty good for me! Usually between 38-40mpg, highest I've got was 50. 

IMG_2519.JPG

Ford160989 likes this

I get on average 36-42mpg. But do a lot of city runs around Leeds and West Yorkshire. The most I've got is 48mpg from a long motorway run at cruise control. 

Foot down on motorway it's 40-45mpg 

From a 1.2 TSI petrol. 

Ford160989 likes this

That's good to see on average were getting roughly the same figure as an average for city runs etc. 

I had a run up to Sheffield a few weeks ago and my mpg stuck around 38 mpg round Sheffield and 48 on the way back down the m1. Then increased on my run to Bolton and back. 

I'm really happy with how the car isn't thirsty for fuel. 

Okay, so it really does depend on how heavy my right foot is. The last few days i've been in eco mode (The Mrs has been with me) so ive seen high's of around 49-51mpg.  On my daily commute to work (on my own) i will get between 37-44mpg.  

Worth noting that I have a K&N filter (in standard filter box), REVO Remap (stage 1) and a custom powerflow exhaust.  The new exhaust has actually improved mpg by about 2-3 (but i did go for a back box that was similar to the standard factory size).  All in all not bad for a 1.2 TSI!!

Ford160989 likes this

11 hours ago, craig_b said:

Okay, so it really does depend on how heavy my right foot is. The last few days i've been in eco mode (The Mrs has been with me) so ive seen high's of around 49-51mpg.  On my daily commute to work (on my own) i will get between 37-44mpg.  

Worth noting that I have a K&N filter (in standard filter box), REVO Remap (stage 1) and a custom powerflow exhaust.  The new exhaust has actually improved mpg by about 2-3 (but i did go for a back box that was similar to the standard factory size).  All in all not bad for a 1.2 TSI!!

How have you found the remap? This is something I've been considering as i also have a 1.2 tsi. I have had mixed feedback about mapping a 1.2 tsi. I mean the car is fun to drive as it is but i want that little more grunt from the car. 

2 hours ago, Ford160989 said:

How have you found the remap? This is something I've been considering as i also have a 1.2 tsi. I have had mixed feedback about mapping a 1.2 tsi. I mean the car is fun to drive as it is but i want that little more grunt from the car. 

The remap is very good. Im running about 130-135.  I like the performance gains when in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. The torque is great.  Acceleration has also improved.  2nd gear is a dream if you need it to be!  I have the manual gearbox and I think i am near the maximum torque rating....however I dont drive like a lunatic so im not worried about that.  The manual gearbox's are strong.  however im not sure about the DSG ones.

I dont know if top speed has improved as I dont try and get near it...at the end of the day its a 1.2, but it has no problem getting to 70 really quick and still has loads left in the tank!  B roads are now a dream to drive on. 

If you get a remap. I recommend you get a metal mesh air filter to replace the paper one and if you can think about getting an exhaust.  Like mentioned before, I have a custom powerflow, but i tailored the sound to "not loud", as its not the image i want.  It pur's nicely now. 

Ill try and get the go pro out t his weekend and make some video's....but happy to answer any more questions.

46 minutes ago, craig_b said:

The remap is very good. Im running about 130-135.  I like the performance gains when in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. The torque is great.  Acceleration has also improved.  2nd gear is a dream if you need it to be!  I have the manual gearbox and I think i am near the maximum torque rating....however I dont drive like a lunatic so im not worried about that.  The manual gearbox's are strong.  however im not sure about the DSG ones.

I dont know if top speed has improved as I dont try and get near it...at the end of the day its a 1.2, but it has no problem getting to 70 really quick and still has loads left in the tank!  B roads are now a dream to drive on. 

If you get a remap. I recommend you get a metal mesh air filter to replace the paper one and if you can think about getting an exhaust.  Like mentioned before, I have a custom powerflow, but i tailored the sound to "not loud", as its not the image i want.  It pur's nicely now. 

Ill try and get the go pro out t his weekend and make some video's....but happy to answer any more questions.

Well likewise mine is also a 1.2tsi with a manual gearbox. I already have a metal mesh filter and a custom exhaust so looks like I'm good to go.. 

I was quoted that the figures would reach to around 130-135 bhp. Which for a 1.2 is amazing considering how well it performs from the factory. 

I do drive down alot of b roads and I'm not afraid to overtake people if i have too especially the odd tractor here and there lol. 

If you can get some video shots of the car driving that'll be great. 

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

DavidStarkey11 likes this

Had a look at mine today out of curiousity, operating around 36.7mpg on the Leeds city runs over a 4 mile distance lol. Also low on the fuel , 80 mile range ⛽️. Will fuel up later, when I've used up a bit more.

IMG_4137.PNG

Thats not bad, 36.7mpg around town even if it was only over a 4 mile distance.

I should of just checked mine, I've just got home. 

The route home today involved the b roads, my foot was abit heavier today as I've filled the fuel this afternoon so thought why not use some. 

SteveeMacz likes this

I got 40mpg today. That was on a 10 mile trip. 1 mile of that sat in traffic. A mixture of A roads and speeds between 30-70mph

Once managed to get it up to 55mpg in the toca, 45 litres will often carry me anywhere between 400-500 miles

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when full, my range miles drop very slowly (as you'd expect), but once the range reaches 240-260, it can drop by 30/40 miles in only a few miles (that's not foot heavy either) :dry: anyone shed any light on this?

1 hour ago, ryancwilson said:

Once managed to get it up to 55mpg in the toca, 45 litres will often carry me anywhere between 400-500 miles

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when full, my range miles drop very slowly (as you'd expect), but once the range reaches 240-260, it can drop by 30/40 miles in only a few miles (that's not foot heavy either) :dry: anyone shed any light on this?

My 1.2TSI FR is exactly the same. On a motorways I can get about 45-50mpg but from door to door (I've got a heavy foot) i average about 30-35mpg. My range drops by about 10 miles every 2-3 miles or so once it's below 200 miles.

Just drove brum to Sheffield and got a little over 50 MPG

I had a run from Stoke to Sheffield the other week and I achieved around the same figures and last week went Stoke to Bolton and got the same figures again. 

Today driving around Stoke i achieved 40.8mpg most I've got whilst driving round town. 

SteveeMacz likes this

Took the car further out Leeds to York and back today. 

Achieved 48mpg on the a single carriage road with a 50 limit then further along on a 60-70mph Dual carriageway.  The roads the A64, just calm driving and probably overlook 3 times on my whole journey. 

I did spot a red Ibiza FR with a custom reg plate alongside me. 

IMG_4153.PNG

I got just shy of 49mpg from my 1.2 TSI 110 on Saturday (5.8l/100km = 48.7mpg) on a 114 mile trip (183km), mostly motorway, doing just shy of 70mph (110kph) on cruise control for the motorway portion. Very impressed.

Ford160989 and SteveeMacz like this

I have a 1.2 TSI used to get 35 to work but now getting 45/50mpg as i stopped driving so hard.

if i sit at 60 i can get around 50 but doing 70 reduces it alot. Not sure but heard a map will hellp me get high 40's when sitting at 70✌️

2 minutes ago, sjackson6j said:

I have a 1.2 TSI used to get 35 to work but now getting 45/50mpg as i stopped driving so hard.

if i sit at 60 i can get around 50 but doing 70 reduces it alot. Not sure but heard a map will hellp me get high 40's when sitting at 70✌️

It would all depend on what map you have done, if you have a mix of performance and economy you wouldn't see a huge difference in fuel likewise with performance. Only real way you will notice is by going for more economy or performance depending on which would suit you best. 

Getting 45/50 are some good figures though. 

was getting between 35 - 40 stop start into work but having changed jobs and more consistent speeds can get up to 50.Cruising motorway 70 - 80 high 40s to 50. mines 1.4fr ACT

I have a 2013 2.0tdi fr standard and i get 45-50mpg on my commute with a heavey foot if i drive like miss daisy i average 60+ on mixed roads

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ford160989 likes this

Lol who drives like miss daisy? I must admit I have been lately just enjoying the weather, cruising being overtaken by pensioners in ford ka's and the like haha :ohmy:

Yeah i've been out enjoying the weather in my girlfreinds bora (my old car) today and it still puts a smile on my face everytime u put ur foot down.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorry to act stupid, anyone know how the flying pig do I change the display inbetween the speedo n revs, to show mpg, etc etc? No knob on end of wiper stalk???

I just thought I'd give an update as yesterday I managed to get my best ever mpg...

I'll let the picture do the talking.. 

IMG_20170712_182009.jpg

SteveeMacz likes this