katiesheppard84@gmail.com

Hello! Newbie alert!

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I've joined the forum because I'm hopefully getting a Seat Ibiza FR in June and I thought I'd have a lurk for a bit to see what people are saying about them and see if there's anything I should look out for? I'm an apprentice mechanic, so I have a fair amount of confidence when it comes to inspecting them, but it would be great if anyone has any pointers for areas to check? I currently own a little black Getz at the moment, but I've been saving for a new car for ages (and im nearly there!) so it's time to get an FR.

Thank you for your help in advance, see you around!

SiobhaaanIbiza10 likes this

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Unfortunately i can't point you in the right direction as to what to look out for. 

However i can say go for it you definitely won't be disappointed. 

I speak for myself and other people on here. We all love driving our cars because there so fun to drive and they look great too. 

I'm sure someone will be along to help you out with info on what to look out for.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I can't fault, the ibiza FRs, depends what your mainly after for Petrol models. 

The 1.2 TSI FR is the better petrol engines for everyday usage, and been out for many years. The 1.4 ACT TSI FR is better for those that need a bit more power and its eco friendly as it shuts down 2 of the 4 cylinders on slow speed driving to save fuel. 

There are Diesel versions too

1.4 TDI in the later models.  Also 1.6 TDI  and 2.0 TDI in the slightly older models. 

Never known of many faults with the ibiza FR. 

Welcome to the forums! I don't own an FR so I don't have an input on that, but I agree with Ford160989 you won't be dissappointed, they look and drive great! 

Ford160989 likes this

Thank you for your welcomes :) I am looking at either a 1.2 or a 1.4 TSI FR, depends what the prices are like, although it's easier to find a 1.2 ...my current car is a 1.1 with 61bhp...so going to a 1.2 with 104bhp will be a huge change as it is lol

Ford160989 likes this

I have the 1.2 tsi fr and believe me it's very surprising when you realise it's a 1.2 because it certainly doesn't behave like one. The engine is so responsive and it can move when you want it too. 

Well...I've booked in to go and see a blue 1.2l TSI, 62 plate, 3 door Ibiza FR next weekend (if it doesn't sell before then) it's in Swindon, so a bit of a journey! I will let you all know if I get it :)

SiobhaaanIbiza10 likes this

Hey did you get the FR? I also have the 1.2 TSI fr and I love mine. Agreed that it is surprisingly punchy for the engine size 😊

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ford160989 likes this