• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
olliedg6

Strange noise when driving over speedhumps

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, my car seems to make an awful squeaking/creaking when I drive over speed-humps especially the large ones. I'm hazarding a guess it's bushes but I'm not too sure. The car drives absolutely fine with no vibrations or pulling. Really it's just an annoying noise that is quite embarrassing espeically when driving in my school carpark:crying:

hi mate

does this also happen when you turn left?? if so its your top mount bushings ive had to replace mine twice lol

Sods law its gone away for a bit but, i did hear a wierd creaking noise when i turned the wheel left when stationary the other day. if so do know how easy it is to fix or how much a garage would charge. 

Top mounts are most likely culprit but could also be a snapped spring or something.  A pair of top mounts fitted should be c£200 max - it's best to change all suspension components in pairs.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By olliedg6
      Hi guys,
      About 2 months ago my car started chirping at idle, noise went away when clutch pedal pushed. Took it to a garage and they said the clutch release bearing was bad. I got the clutch replaced as it was worn down anyways with the bearings etc.All was fine after for a week. Then I start hearing an awful rattling noise from my car at idle. Like the chirping noise it went away when the clutch pedal was pushed. However it would be considerably louder when it was hot or the engine had been running for some time. Took it back to the garage and they said it was the release bearing again and that they would install a new clutch kit again under warranty. As I was away for a 2 weeks I had to wait until now to get it replaced. Garage rung me up today saying the car is still making the noise with the new clutch and that they would need to look at it again. I've started having a look online for what this noise could be and I've found some articles saying it could be the input shaft bearing or worse the whole gearbox. Does anyone have experience on this problem and know what it is?
      Any help would be appreciated.
    • By CreweSEAT
      It’s difficult to imagine that the SEAT Ibiza has been around for over 30 years. With a new model about to hit the roads, we thought we’d take a look at the success of the SEAT Ibiza over the last four decades - take a look at our latest infographic and let us know your favourite generation! 

https://blog.swanswaygarages.com/new-seat-ibiza/

• By olliedg6
      Hi guys,
      I've been looking at getting some alloys for the ibiza. Its a mk4 1.2 and it currently has stock steel wheels with a tyre 185/60/R14.
      I've been looking at some mk3 golf gti wheels for it they are 195/45/r15 wheels and are the 5x100 pattern. Will these wheels fit or could they rub into the suspension or body. Also would i need to get wheel spacers or some new lug bolts for the new wheels.
      Heres the link to the wheels:
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk3-GTI-15-Alloy-Wheels-with-tyres-5x100-/252999682912?hash=item3ae7f4cb60:g:JCwAAOSwgv5ZR4ip
      Also I've looked at the golf montreal wheels, and quite like them would these fit?

• By olliedg6
      Hi guys,
      Just a quick one, my car seems to make an awful squeaking/creaking when I drive over speed-humps especially the large ones. I'm hazarding a guess it's bushes but I'm not too sure. The car drives absolutely fine with no vibrations or pulling. Really it's just an annoying noise that is quite embarrassing espeically when driving in my school carpark