• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
Tom.

Mk4 Ibiza Brake upgrades.

89 posts in this topic

What's people think of green stuff pads on standard disks? Are they good enough (noticeable) for an 'upgrade'?

Most people who know what they are on about when it comes to brakes say to stay clear of EBC products. Ferodo and Pagid are good.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Am i right in thinking on my 03 tdi 130 i need to change the hubs to fit the golf/tt/vrs 312mm fronts?

Nope, the hubs are fine. The 312mm upgrade bolts straight on.

What's people think of green stuff pads on standard disks? Are they good enough (noticeable) for an 'upgrade'?

Most people who know what they are on about when it comes to brakes say to stay clear of EBC products. Ferodo and Pagid are good.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Am i right in thinking on my 03 tdi 130 i need to change the hubs to fit the golf/tt/vrs 312mm fronts?

Nope, the hubs are fine. The 312mm upgrade bolts straight on.

The set up i have were taken from a 4motion golf.will they still bolt straight on?

Should do, although I didn't think the 4mo had 312s! Learn something new everyday!

Can somebody help me. I have the chance to buy LCR calipers discs etc and I just wanted to know will they fit my 17'' standard fr alloys its the facelift version

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Can somebody help me. I have the chance to buy LCR calipers discs etc and I just wanted to know will they fit my 17'' standard fr alloys its the facelift version

They should be fine. Just fitted the same set up on my Boc (which are running 17's)

They should be fine. Just fitted the same set up on my Boc (which are running 17's)

Boc wheels have a lot of clearance though

Thanks alot. How do they look on the boc?

It won't let me upload a picture but they do look good.

Thought they were more or less the same ET? Boc wheels are ET43 iirc

Ok so 1that was sale on eBay said et41 for the fr. I will be honest not a clue what that means. Will it fit is what I want to know? And the et would be nice to k o what that means as well lol

Thought they were more or less the same ET? Boc wheels are ET43 iirc

The offset doesn't matter hugely with clearance. Et25 turinis won't clear for example. Boc wheels are shaped to clear APs so they're fine

I seen that ap won't fit with the cupra alloys but the brembos were smaller so they will fit just they will fit the cupra alloys

Does anyone know if the 312mm TT/S3 brakes will fit under the pre facelift fr standard wheels?

I'm pretty sure they do, they fit under a standard 16'' steel spare wheel and the 16'' 6 spoke sport wheels

I found a kit on ebay with mk4 golf/vw/Audi tt/s3 brake calipers, 312 discs and pads - being the paranoid person I am just wanna triple check this is the kit I need before I shell out just under £300 lol :sweat:

I found a kit on ebay with mk4 golf/vw/Audi tt/s3 brake calipers, 312 discs and pads - being the paranoid person I am just wanna triple check this is the kit I need before I shell out just under £300 lol :sweat:

Aslong as you have 288mm already, then yes.

Aslong as you have 288mm already, then yes.

Lol it's pi55ing it down outside so won't be going out to measure but I have standard FR brakes - are those 288? If so yay and thanks for your reply :)

Would be interested in upgrading the front brakes on my standard 1.4 Mk4 TDi - current ones seem a bit feathery. (Back ones are drum brakes, so not much I can do there)

Any suggestions of what to consider would be appreciated - cheers! :)

You would need new front hubs to upgrade to either the 288mm FR brakes or even 312mm TT, S3 etc ones. I think you could probably just get a rear axle off a rear discs car and swap the whole thing

You would need new front hubs to upgrade to either the 288mm FR brakes or even 312mm TT, S3 etc ones. I think you could probably just get a rear axle off a rear discs car and swap the whole thing

So - not much I can do without new front hubs as well then? Nothing recommended for the standard ones?

I've got a 1.2 mk4 which will hopefully soon have considerably more power so I need the brakes to suit, would the tt/s3 312mm brakes bolt on if I get the carriers to go with them or would I have to fit cupra hubs/wishbones/struts?

As for the rears can I fit the disc rear beam from a 2003 1.3 TDI along with the handbrake cable?

You will need the hubs off a 288mm or greater front disc car, which I think is those with pd130/pd160 or 1.8t

As for the rear beam, I can't see why not...

You will need the hubs off a 288mm or greater front disc car, which I think is those with pd130/pd160 or 1.8t

As for the rear beam, I can't see why not...

Cheers Matt