Tom.

Mk4 Ibiza Brake upgrades.

89 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure they do, they fit under a standard 16'' steel spare wheel and the 16'' 6 spoke sport wheels

I did this myself last week, pic of 312mm brakes behind FR alloys:

4y7u8aba.jpg

Yet to check whether the steel spare fits, I was thinking I'd need to buy a new spare but hopefully not!

I did this myself last week, pic of 312mm brakes behind FR alloys:

4y7u8aba.jpg

Yet to check whether the steel spare fits, I was thinking I'd need to buy a new spare but hopefully not!

Excellent! This is the upgrade I'm wanting to do but didn't want the expense of changing alloys too, but as I have the same I guess I don't have to.

Let me know if there's any problems with the steel spare.

Mk1 or Mk2 Leon? Also what about rear caliper and disc upgrade options?

What are people's thoughts on the 996.351.429/430 Porsche calipers? 36/44mm Pistons

They can be fitted with mk4 golf R32 334x32mm disks

Hey everyone,

I have not been round for a while dealing with first world problems.

My Car is now due Brake Disc and Pad renewal.

I want to stick with the 256mm size currently fitted but looking at upgrading the Discs and pads from standard ones.

I want to keep cost down as much as I can but want to find a happy medium between Best Value for Money.

EBC seems a little out of my price range except the Ultimax range and I had Brembo's on a 306 I once owned.

Can anyone recommend a good pairing within a smaller budget Sub £200 for parts)

Cheers.

Hey everyone :-)

So...I have brake drums on the back wheels...are they as straight forward to replace as the discs? i.e. one bolt removal and refit? Also, I fancy spraying them, can I literally just spray the full drum (obviously not whilst on the car) or are there bits I can't/shouldn't spray?

Personally I wouldn't bother painting the drums, unless they're really rusty and it's black or perhaps grey to tidy it up. Bright callipers can look good on a car, but drawing attention to the fact the rear brakes are only drums seems a bit pointless.  

As for swapping to discs, I would imagine there's more work involved than a straight swap, someone on here might be able to confirm but wouldn't you need the rear hubs etc from model with discs? 

I dont know if there would then be an issue of the brake balance, if they much better than drums you could find it's more unstable during heavy braking. 

Yeah the drums are pretty rusty and 💩 looking lol. Might be better just buying and fitting new drums then! Thanks 😊

So long as they're in good working order you may as well keep them, clean them up with a wire brush then give them a paint with some black hammerite. Should clean up the looks no end. 

On 14/10/2015 at 3:39 AM, Slug906 said:

Hey everyone,

I have not been round for a while dealing with first world problems.

My Car is now due Brake Disc and Pad renewal.

I want to stick with the 256mm size currently fitted but looking at upgrading the Discs and pads from standard ones.

I want to keep cost down as much as I can but want to find a happy medium between Best Value for Money.

EBC seems a little out of my price range except the Ultimax range and I had Brembo's on a 306 I once owned.

Can anyone recommend a good pairing within a smaller budget Sub £200 for parts)

Cheers.

Hi Slug906, I have a brand new set of Brembo Max discs (09.7011.75) (without pads) for sale which were never used because I had already bought some other ones and asked for my money back thinking they never sent them, only for them to turned up 4 months later. Happy to let them go for 60.00 including postage which is well below what they are for sale for on eBay. If you wish to buy them, PM me and I will arrange to list them up on eBay or something to give you some buyer protection.

To check compatibility you can used http://www.bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_Disc_Catalogue/Catalogue_Search.aspx

Cheers Richard.

(first photo stolen from internet although correct)

Brembo max 09.7011.75.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

Sorry bud,

Unfortunately like your brake discs, your a bit late to the party. Ive had them replaced.

Cheers though.

17 hours ago, Slug906 said:

Sorry bud,

Unfortunately like your brake discs, your a bit late to the party. Ive had them replaced.

Cheers though.

No worries, just trying to find a home for them and saw your post :) 

can anyone point me in the right direction for the bits i need for the budget 312mm setup, i.e. the A3\TT ones? Is it just the carriers i need or will my calipers need swapping too? 

Any links to ebay listings would be great.

after that i assume any discs and pads for the 312mm vags would fit?

Does anyone have any information on the Porsche Cayenne rear 4 pot upgrade? I asked on the Facebook group but had no luck yet. 

Cheers