• Announcements

• c3ptik

Club Shop Moved and Re-Opened   04/03/2017

As we look to migrate the club over to Facebook the Club Shop has been re-opened at the following location:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/ibizaoc/shop/
    • c3ptik

We are migrating! IMPORTANT - Please read   08/07/2017

Over the past couple of years we've seen an influx of productivity and engagement across our social networking platforms. So much so, that the social realm as you may know, is overtaking the likes of websites and forums. We have been number crunching and feel it is best that we go with the flow and embrace the social media world.
      We have decided to transfer the club over to our already hugely popular Facebook Page and Facebook Group. With over 14k members on our Facebook group alone there is even more engagement with other members from across the world. If you haven't already, now is the time to give our Page a Like and join the Group for discussions.
      The website will soon become a redirect to the Facebook Page and Group. If you have anything of importance posted on the forum, now would be a great time to grab it and post it on our group.

A further message will be sent before the switch.

Regards,
      The IOC Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon Olds

Jack Frost Tarmac single venue rally: Croft : 20th Jan

6 posts in this topic

How did you get on with the first event? I will be entering my Ibiza into a few tarmac events this year I reckon :)

Some more info would be good, where is it held? Got a website?

Mixed bag at the christmas stages. As ever at Croft it was cold, and didnt stop raining all day. So slippy, greasy. I had big brakes on it so was stuck on 16 MO's so had to use use old road tyres. 215/40's. Hardly ideal. Had a couple of minor off's usual stuff, then spun onto the mud on stage 6. Lost 4 mins getting pushed out. So midfield finish. List of stuff to do is about halfway done. Most important is downsizing front brakes, so I can use proper 190/580/15's which are common to my other two rally cars. Some minor front panel damage from a missed chicane/tyres rub. Engine strong, making me difficult to get past down the straights. Handling fine, reasonably balanced. Still learning to drive it. Steering painfully slow at chicanes. I am used to quickracks. Tell me more about yours. Sorry, no website

More autosolo events for me than full on rally's but might raise the ride height at the front a little and see how I get on. As its a track car more than rally so no 15's found here. Sounds like a good day over all with you learning the car more.

Get some pictures and a build thread on the showcase area, would love to see each race / damage and upgrades as you go!

Bit of an update, haven't been on here for ages.

Albermarle rally: 13th July. Was holding top 20 in the Cordoba when a nasty noise appeared on the transmission. Had to retire. Crown wheel bearing disintegrated. Luckily the gears etc ok. (Quaife !!!)

Now repaired and back in

Just bought a mk2 Ibiza track car to reshell, so on the lookout for a 98 shell (or a whole 3 door 98 car..) After a mint one.

Out next time twice at croft. xmas stages and the jack frost.

If anybody is playing around with a cordoba 2 door, I have some nice carbon bits spare. WRC spoiler etc

Cordoba ready again. Have a new project next. Its a 99 2 door Ibiza trackday car with a 280hp 1.8T in. Looking for a shell so I can rebuild it, must be rot free (93 to 2002 would do it, I think. Must be 2 door)

Also, 20th overall in 2013 and 26th OA last weekend in jack frost 2014 (both in my gtir)

Jon

Anybody got a shell, email me please : jonathan.olds_311@fsmail.net